Wrote a good book lately? We did!
IPA Brewing Techniques, Recipes and the
Evolution of India Pale Ale
by Mitch Steele
Explore the evolution of one of craft beer's most popular styles, India pale ale. Loaded with brewing tips from some of the country's best brewers, IPA covers techniques from water treatment to hopping procedures. Included are 48 recipes ranging from historical beers to recipes for the most popular contemporary IPAs made by craft brewers such as Deschutes Brewery, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Pizza Port Brewing and Russian River Brewing Company.
About the author: Stone Brewing Co. Brewmaster Mitch Steele has brewed at some of the largest and smallest breweries in the world since graduating from UC Davis with a fermentation science degree. Landing at Stone Brewing Co. in 2006, Steele has overseen the brewing and packaging operations as the brewery has grown from a 48,000-barrel operation to 148,000 barrels in 2011. Steele is a long-time IPA fan and an avid homebrewer.
The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance
About the Book
- The story of the 15 year history of Stone Brewing Co., straight
from the source! Insights into the entrepreneurial story, and keys to
- Stories behind EVERY Stone beer & 18 homebrew recipes for Stone
beers -- the largest collection ever.
- Recipes for some of the most popular dishes at the Stone Brewing
World Bistro & Gardens
- Pairing, serving and cellaring guides from "Dr." Bill Sysak
- Written by Stone co-founders Greg Koch and Steve Wagner, with
Click icons below to purchase online.
Got the Book? Now Get the Beer!
Limited barrel-aged versions of 2010 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine in
corked 500ml bottles are available exclusively to owners of this book.
Just bring your book to our Stone Company Store at the Stone Brewing Co. in Escondido before October 2012, and you can
purchase a bottle for $25 +tax and crv. Each copy of the book you own
entitles you to buy one the following bottles:
- 2010 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine Aged in Bourbon Barrels (limited supply)
- 2010 Stone Old Guardian BELGO Barley Wine Aged in Bourbon Barrels (very limited supply)
- 2010 Stone Old Guardian BELGO Barley Wine Aged in Red Wine Barrels (very limited supply)
Check out the second book written by Stone CEO Greg Koch "The Brewer's Apprentice" (PDF)