IPA Brewing Techniques, Recipes and the Evolution of India Pale Ale
by Mitch Steele
Explore the evolution of one of craft beer's most popular styles, India pale ale. Loaded with brewing tips from some of the country's best brewers, IPA covers techniques from water treatment to hopping procedures. Included are 48 recipes ranging from historical beers to recipes for the most popular contemporary IPAs made by craft brewers such as Deschutes Brewery, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Pizza Port Brewing and Russian River Brewing Company.
About the author: Stone Brewing Co. Brewmaster Mitch Steele has brewed at some of the largest and smallest breweries in the world since graduating from UC Davis with a fermentation science degree. Landing at Stone Brewing Co. in 2006, Steele has overseen the brewing and packaging operations as the brewery has grown from a 48,000-barrel operation to 148,000 barrels in 2011. Steele is a long-time IPA fan and an avid homebrewer.
The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance
About the Book
- The story of the 15 year history of Stone Brewing Co., straight from the source! Insights into the entrepreneurial story, and keys to business success.
- Stories behind EVERY Stone beer & 18 homebrew recipes for Stone beers -- the largest collection ever.
- Recipes for some of the most popular dishes at the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
- Pairing, serving and cellaring guides from "Dr." Bill Sysak
- Written by Stone co-founders Greg Koch and Steve Wagner, with Randy Clemens
- Stone Wrote THE Book Part 1
- Stone Wrote THE Book Part 2
- Greg vs. Professional Sign Spinner
- Greg retires from sign spinning