Escondido, CA -- It is with great pomp and gusto that Stone announces its highly anticipated literary tome—The Craft of Stone Brewing Co.: Liquid Lore, Epic Recipes, and Unabashed Arrogance—will be gracing bookstore shelves everywhere on September 27th.
Inside THE book
- A behind the scenes look at the 15 years of Stone Brewing Co., straight from co-founders Greg Koch and Steve Wagner
- An in-depth history of beer through the ages, revealing how four simple ingredients combine to make liquid magic
- Pointers on properly storing and pouring craft beer, as well as a primer on pairing beer with food
- Recipes from the award-winning Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, including Garlic Cheddar and Stone Ruination IPA Soup, and the (in)famous Arrogant Bastard Ale Onion Rings
- Never before released homebrew recipes including Stone Pale Ale, Stone Smoked Porter, Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine, and Stone 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout
Book Release Event
- Tuesday 9/27, 5pm
- Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens (1999 Citracado Pkwy, Escondido, CA)
- Co-authors Greg Koch, Steve Wagner, and Randy Clemens will be on hand to sign books. Bottles of the limited edition Quingenti Millilitre beers will also be available for sale to those who purchase the book:
- 2010 Old Guardian Barley Wine Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- 2010 Old Guardian BELGO Barley Wine Aged in Bourbon Barrels
- 2010 Old Guardian BELGO Barley Wine Aged in Wine Barrels
- More info on the event and Quingenti Millilitre beers can be found at: http://www.stonebrewing.com/calendar/default.asp?intEventsID=1783
Other Promotional Efforts
Greg's "brilliant" book marketing scheme
Greg & Randy will be signing books at the 2011 Great American Beer Festival
||Thurs 9/29, 7:30-9:30pm
Fri 9/30, 6-8pm
Sat 10/1, 2-4pm & 6-8pm
Future book tour details to be posted at http://www.stonebrewing.com/book
About The Authors
GREG KOCH and STEVE WAGNER are mad passionate about great beer. As the co-founders of Stone Brewing Co., they've become recognized leaders in the craft brewing industry. Greg is also co-author of the recently published The Brewer's Apprentice: An Insider's Guide to the Art and Craft of Beer Brewing, Taught by the Masters. He is frequently called on to speak on topics ranging from craft beer to business to food to marketing, bringing a bold, entertaining, and often humorous approach along with his philosophy. Steve is the President of the California Small Brewers Association, and is currently writing an in-depth book on IPAs with Stone Brewmaster Mitch Steele that will be published in 2012.
A graduate of the California School of Culinary Arts and a BJCP Recognized Beer Judge, RANDY CLEMENS has written for Gourmet, Saveur, BeerAdvocate, Draft, Imbibe, Los Angeles, and Wine Enthusiast. He is also the author of The Sriracha Cookbook and is the Public Relations Coordinator at Stone Brewing Co.
Stone Brewing Co.
ABOUT STONE BREWING CO.
was founded in 1996 by Steve Wagner and Greg Koch in North County San Diego, CA. It is the 14th largest craft brewery in the United States and has been named "All-Time Top Brewery on Planet Earth" by BeerAdvocate magazine
- TWICE! A recently announced $26.6M expansion plan
(that includes a hotel among other lofty ventures) is underway, as are developments to become the first American craft brewery to open a brewhouse in Europe
. Visit stonebrewing.com
for more information.