Summer is on the way, which means BBQs, backyard cookouts and bottleshares are on the horizon.
We partnered with our friend The Beeroness to make sure you don't show up empty handed. Use our beer finder to pick up Stone Delicious IPA near you and make the best potato salad you've ever had.
Step away from the plastic tub, from the mayo filled potato salads – you’re better than that. I know you’re used to boiling your potatoes, but you need to stop that, too. What does boiling do for the flavor?! Nada. You know what does give your potato salad an extra kick of flavor? Your grill. And beer. And bacon. You put all of those epic forces together and you’ve really got yourself something worth talking about. The tang of the blue cheese, the smoky char from the grill, and a little kick of hops to add a hint of herbal notes and you now have the potato salad to end all potato salads.
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs mini red potato, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Stone Delicious IPA
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup green onions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the bacon to a wire rack over a baking sheet.
- Bake until the bacon is crispy, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, chop.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Add the potatoes to the grill, cooking until fork tender and grill marked on all sides, about 10 minutes (no need to boil ahead of time).
- In a large bowl stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Add bacon and potatoes to the bowl. Toss to combine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
- No grill? No problem! Roast the potatoes on a baking sheet in a 425F oven until fork tender, (about 15 minutes) instead.
- Need to make it ahead of time? Just store the potatoes and the dressing separate, combine right before serving.