This year is going to be a BIG year. Yeah, we know it sounds like something nearly every hopeful individual and company says at the beginning of every year but this year is not just any year. It marks our 20th Anniversary and we have planned a lot of exciting, hop-centric happenings and beer releases to celebrate our TWENTY YEARS of brewing big, bold beer! Below we broke down everything we have planned—so far—from festivals to beer pairings to our massive anniversary party.
You have come to expect grand-scale beer festivals from us and this year is definitely no different. All of your favorites are back so you’ll have plenty of chances to sample our beers and other delicious brews brought in from all around the world. Guaranteed good music, good times and good people to enjoy some amazing craft beers with.
NOTE: Unless stated, all events take place at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Escondido
- February 7: Stone Calm Before the Storm
- March 20: Stone Oakquinox
- May 15: Stone Belgian Fest (at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station)
- June 12: Stone Sour Fest
- July 20: Hop-Con 4.0 (at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station)
- August 19-20: Stone 20th Anniversary Celebration & Invitational Beer Festival / VIP Brewers Reception (at California State University, San Marcos)
- October 16: Stone Pour It Black
- November 12: Stone Homebrew Competition & AHA Rally (at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station)
BEER PAIRINGS & OTHER EVENTS
You may not find this surprising, due to your categorically well-crafted tastes, but beer pairs considerably better with food than wine. Which explains why we are so inclined to continuously team up with local gastro master chefs and cicerones to create new palate-surprising flavor pairings and menus. Still we have more on our plates (couldn’t resist) this year with a whole slew of events (see below) and some more you’ll have to keep an eye out for on the events page—because good reasons to drink craft beer always seem to pop up on a weekly basis.
- February 11: Cask Attack!
- May 8: Mother's Day at the Bistro (at both Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens)
- May 19: Cask Attack!
- June 19: Father's Day at the Bistro (at both Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens)
- June - September: Music in the Garden
- December 31: Stone 2017 New Year's Eve Celebration (at both Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens)
BEER PAIRING DINNERS*
- March: Beer Pairing Dinner
- April: Beer & Cigar Dinner
- May: Beer Pairing Dinner
- July: Beer Pairing Dinner
- September: Beer & Cigar Dinner
- December: Beer Pairing Dinner
SAN DIEGO BEER WEEK: NOVEMBER 4 - 13*
- November 4: Rare Beer Breakfast
- November 6: Ultimate Beer & Chocolate
- November 8: Beer Pairing Dinner
- November 10: Cask Attack!
- November 12: American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Rally (at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station)
- November 12: Spontaneous Sour Saturday (at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station)
*Exact dates TBA
Stone 20th Anniversary Encore Series
This isn’t an “event” per se. It's more of a year-round celebration where we bring back some of our all-time fan favorites during this milestone year. See which beers are coming back in 2016 for an encore appearance.
That’s it for now. Hopefully this list makes you just as excited about this sure-to-be-momentous year as we are. Cheers!