Together with the American Homebrewers Association (AHA), we have partnered to host a people’s choice–style homebrew competition at our annual AHA Rally, a tradition since 2008. This year's Homebrew Competition & AHA Rally will take place on Saturday, January 11 at Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station. During the Rally, attendees will have the opportunity to sample beer from dozens of homebrewers and vote on their favorites. The winning recipe will be brewed in collaboration with Stone Brewing, and released across Stone Brewing’s domestic Tap Room and World Bistro & Garden locations. Additionally, the beer will be entered into the annual Great American Beer Festival® Pro-Am Competition in 2020.
Registration for the Homebrew Competition has been closed.
Winners throughout the years include:
- 2018 - RUSTY BURRELL / STONE MANGO MAYA MILKSHAKE IPA
- 2017 - COREY MAGERS & ELIZABETH BAKAS / BURGEON BEER COMPANY / STONE MOJAY IPA
- 2016 - PAUL BISCHERI & PATRICK MARTINEZ / ABNORMAL BEER COMPANY / STONE NEAPOLITAN DYNAMITE
- 2015 - JULI GOLDENBERG / MONKEY PAW / STONE 24 CARROT GOLDEN ALE
- 2014 - CHRIS BANKER / STONE / INSURGENTE XOCOVEZA MOCHA STOUT
As a homebrewer, meeting and collaborating with others is the most effective (and fun!) way to improve your skills. Whether you're an experienced brewer or just thinking of starting, this is a golden opportunity to make new friends and join the club—literally!
For $43 you will receive:
- A one-year renewal for current AHA members at a discounted rate (or a brand new one-year membership!)
- The chance to taste some of the most awesome homebrews in Southern California
- Voting rights in the competition—you decide which beers are best
- The opportunity to win cool raffle prizes
- Your very own vintage Stone tasting glass
- The priceless experience of hanging out with veteran homebrewers and industry professionals
*You can pay your AHA membership fee at the door. Save time and complete your application form before arriving! CLICK HERE