We’re debuting this new beer prior to the national release exclusively at select Stone Brewing locations. Be the first to get access to this new creation before everyone else gets a taste.
Drew Curtis / Wil Wheaton / Greg Koch Stone Farking Wheaton w00tstout (2019)
This massive imperial stout has been a favorite among our fans (and us) since its inception in 2013. As if the pecans, wheat and flaked rye weren't enough, we went ahead and aged 1/4th of this beer in bourbon barrels. The result is a whopping, intense, superhero of a beer with profound complexity that makes it ideal for cellaring... if you can wait that long.
Special Ingredients: Pecans, wheat & flaked rye
- APPEARANCE: A deep, opaque, brownish-black color with a creamy brown head.
- AROMA: Intense cocoa and coffee with nutty coconut. Hints of licorice and loads of fruity fermentation esters. Bourbon, vanilla and oak follow.
- TASTE: Some cocoa, coffee and fruitiness up front. Midpalate, the bourbon barrel-aged portion of the beer is apparent, so oak, vanilla, nut and bourbon flavors transition to a slight alcohol heat and hoppy, bitter finish. As the beer warms, a nuttiness almost reminiscent of almonds starts coming through (but we used pecans!).
- PALATE: Thick and hearty. At 11.5 percent ABV, this beer is definitely a sipper. It is smooth and creamy, with a slightly warming and drying finish.
- OVERALL: This beer is a monster. The flavors are a wonderful blend of everything that makes a great imperial stout, loaded with roasty notes and malty complexity. Brewing with rye and nuts always creates challenges for our brewing team, but they rose to the occasion with this one – it’s simply amazing.
Available on draft and in 12oz 6pks (cans) & 22oz (botles)