Converging genre-defying beers and equally unabashed music, Stone Brewing is throwing it down again. Join us for our third annual music and craft beer festival on September 21 on Brown's Island.
We're celebrating our third anniversary in Richmond by once again taking over Brown's Island for a day of badass beers and bands. We're incredibly stoked to have the RVA-based J Roddy Walston and The Business headline this year's epic evening.
All of this year’s Stone’s Throw Down in RVA proceeds will benefit four local organizations:
- James River Association
- Neighborhood Resource Center of Greater Fulton
- Virginia Capital Trail Foundation
- Venture Richmond
All ages are welcome and kids under 12 years of age are free.
- $20 Ticket: September 13 - day-of event
- $49 VIP Ticket - SOLD OUT: You’ll have access to an exclusive VIP area and an amazing selection of Stone beers. Hang out in our shaded VIP area while listening enjoying great music. This ticket includes six 16oz beers.
Doors open at 3:00pm and show starts at 3:30pm. Craft beer from Stone Brewing & friends will be available for purchase. Folding chairs are allowed. Like a good beer buzz, Stone’s Throw Down in RVA happens rain or shine.
Bring your reusable water canteens, so please leave those plastic, single-serve bottles at home. There will be water stations throughout the festival for refills.
3:30pm-4:15pm: The Long Ryders
4:30pm-5:20pm: Howlin' Rain
5:40pm-6:40pm: Cory Wong
7:00pm-8:10pm: White Denim
8:30pm-10pm: J. Roddy Walston and The Business
- Stone Brewing
- Arrogant Consortia
- Blue Mountain Brewery
- Buskey Cider
- Old Bust Head Brewing
- Virginia Beer Company
- Boka Taco Truck
- King of Pops
- Saucy's BBQ
- Snowing Space Coffee Co.
Q: WHERE ARE THE ENTRANCES?
A: You can pick one of the following entrances to enter Brown's Island: T. Tyler Potterfield Memorial Bridge, 5th Street and Tredegar, 7th Street and Tredegar
Q: I CAN'T BUY TICKETS ONLINE, IS THE EVENT SOLD OUT?
A: TicketstoBuy.com stops selling online tickets the day of the event, but tickets will be available at all, unless we make an announcement that says otherwise.
WHERE IS THE WILL CALL TENT?
You can find Will Call at the 7th Street and Tredegar entrance.
SHOULD I BRING CASH?
Cash lines typically move faster when you're buying beer tickets, but we do accept cards!
PLEASE do not bring pets (other than service animals) to the events.
WHAT CAN’T I BRING WITH ME?
Items that are not permitted include, but are not limited to:
- Pets (service animals are permitted)
- Coolers, Large Backpacks
- Bottles/glass containers
- Contraband (drugs and weapons)
- Laser pointers
- Flying objects (drones, kites, Frisbees, footballs, etc.)
IN THE EVENT OF RAIN
The festival will take place in the event of light rain, but please check our Facebook page for updates in case of heavy rain or lightening.
Paid parking is available in many parking decks and lots in the area surrounding downtown's riverfront. Some of those are:
- American Civil War Museum parking lot, 500 Tredegar St, Richmond, VA 23219, limited space, paid parking
- Federal Reserve Parking Deck, 555 E Byrd St, Richmond, VA 23219, paid parking
- Delta Hotel by Marriott Parking Deck, 555 E Canal St, Richmond, VA 23219, paid parking
- On-street parking is also available around the areas of S. 5th Street and E. Canal Street, 201 S. 5th St, Richmond, VA 23219
EMERGENCY SERVICES/FIRST AID
Emergency service centers are available on site.
Portable restrooms are located throughout the event site, including handicapped bathrooms.
YOUR PRESENCE IS YOUR PERMISSION
Special photographers and videographers have been hired by organizers to document the event. Some images may be used in later promotional materials. Your presence at the event is seen as your permission for such promotional use by the non-profit organizers.